Rooftop Solar Panels for Homes in Chicago, IL and Surrounding Areas
Power Your Home With Solar Energy
You use electricity to power everything from your HVAC system to your television. Rather than relying on expensive traditional energy sources, let Kapital Electric, Inc. install solar panels on your home. Our team has been serving commercial and residential customers in Chicago, IL and the surrounding area for more than a decade. We specialize in installing solar panels for homes. The innovative technology harnesses the sun’s energy and converts it into usable electricity that can power your lifestyle. Ultimately, residential solar panels will save you money on energy expenses and help you protect the environment. We have provided answers to some of our most frequently asked questions below, but we invite you to call our friendly, knowledgeable team with any others of your own.
Solar Panel Installation | The Process
- Free Solar Evaluation – Experienced Energy Consultants will conduct a Free Solar Evaluation to determine if your home is a good candidate for solar energy systems. Our staff will analyze your roof’s exposure to the sun as well as your energy consumption.
- Customized Solar Plan – Once your home is determined to be a good candidate for solar, our Energy Consultants will develop a customized solar plan for your home. Our Specialists will confirm the condition of your roof’s structure as well as your electrical connections. We will calculate your anticipated savings and guide you through the Federal and State incentive programs.
- Solar Installation – Expert installers will build a customized system designed to meet your energy needs. Our staff will coordinate all of the permits and inspections throughout the process. Our Project Manager will oversee all aspects of the installation. You can follow the progression of your solar project through your personal project website.
- Watch Your Meter Spin Backwards – Once your panels are turned on you can enjoy the benefits of solar energy and watch your meter spin backwards!
How the Residential Solar Systems Work
Simply put, photovoltaic (PV) solar panels consist of a series of cells that collect the sun’s energy. The photons dislodge the electrons, which create electricity. The inverter will transform the sun’s energy from DC to AC so it works with your home system, and whatever power is unused gets fed to the grid. Curious about how to get a PV solar system? Our installation process goes something like this:
Solar Evaluation: First, our experienced Chicago consultants will run a free solar evaluation checking to see if your house is a good candidate for our solar services making sure there are no serious shading issues and checking the condition and age of your roof, then we are going to want to know what your priorities are; Do you prefer American made or is price more important, are you looking to offset your entire electric bill or just the cost to charge an electric car or pool equipment. Lastly, our consultants are going to want to see an electric bill to see what size system is needed to accomplish your goal. Our systems are custom designed to not only your needs and budget but also to what your priorities are. Then we evaluate your electric bill, each bill shows us your history over the past year and we also want to see how much you pay for electricity since everyone pays different rates these days with third-party suppliers, from there we put together a very detailed and accurate report based on your usage and what you’re paying for electricity. We then provide you with a satellite view of your roof and draw in where we recommend installing the solar panels for their optimal production which gives our clients a visual idea of what the system is going to look like on their roof.
Customized Solar Plan: If your home is a good candidate for solar, our Energy Design team now go to work to design a system not only your needs and budget but also to what your priorities are. Then we evaluate your electric bill, each bill shows us your history over the past year and we also want to see how much you pay for electricity since everyone pays different rates these days with third-party suppliers, from there we put together a very detailed and accurate report based on your usage and what you’re paying for electricity. We then provide you with a satellite view of your roof and draw in where we recommend installing the solar panels for their optimal production which gives our clients a visual idea of what the system is going to look like on their roof. Once the report is created we then email to you, it will list all the available incentives, the ROI, the percentage rate of return along with your monthly payment if you decide you want to finance the system through one of our banking facilities.
Solar Installation: Our team will keep you informed throughout the entire process, once the permit is issued our team will schedule the installation which typically takes 3-5 days for most residential projects. Upon completion, we will commission the system and train you on all the aspects of your new solar energy system. We then will continue to monitor the system from our office so that you continue to receive the optimal production.
How It Works
- Photovoltaic (PV) Solar Panels for home consist of a series of cells that collect energy from the sun. The sun’s rays (photons) dislodge the electrons which in turn creates electricity.
- An Inverter converts the sun’s energy from DC (Direct Current) into AC (Alternating Current) so that it is compatible with your home’s electrical system.
Your meter spins backwards and you are credited for all the power you generate!
You can track your Photovoltaic Solar System’s production easily from your computer or phone.
- Any excess power which you produce but do not use is sent back to the utility company (grid).“You can think of the utility company as an energy storage system. During the day the excess energy you produce is stored at the utility company and your account is credited. At night when your panels are not producing energy you simply draw from your account. Similarly, when your system is overproducing in May, June, and July, you are “banking” this energy for use in the winter months when your solar production will not be as high. Because you are connected to the grid, as long as the grid has power-you will still have power. Even if you use more energy than your panels produce- you will still have power.”
Residential Solar Panel FAQs
Alternative, renewable energy solutions are becoming increasingly popular throughout Chicago and the U.S. as a whole because of their many advantages over traditional energy resources. We can install solar panels on your home that minimize your reliance on the local utility company without diminishing the energy supply in your home. Among the benefits of using solar energy are:
- Lower utility bills
- Energy independence
- Increased property value
- Energy security
The price of solar panel installation will vary depending on your home’s size, available roof space, roof orientation, and location, among other factors. Each project is unique, but our consultants will visit your home for a solar evaluation to determine if you are a good candidate for residential solar panels. We will assess your current energy usage and discuss your budget to customize a plan that works best for you. Then, we will provide a detailed estimate for solar panel installation while also highlighting potential rebates and incentives.
We can install solar panels on all styles of roofs and roofing materials. In some circumstances, you may even be eligible for ground-mounted solar panels or solutions that utilize your carport. However, you never have to worry about damage to your roof from solar panels. We will ensure your awning is safe and sturdy enough to hold the technology.
The speed with which we can complete your solar panel installation will depend on the project’s scope. But our energy efficiency experts will explain the process before we begin so that you know a rough timeline and what to expect from our specialists. Most projects take three to five days to finish, and we will schedule yours when it is convenient for you and your family. Once your solar panel system is in place, we will run a final inspection and instruct you on how to use it and monitor its performance for optimal production.
Solar panel systems are built to last for decades with little to no maintenance. We supply solar panels from the industry’s leading manufacturers, and all of our modules and flashings come with a 25-year warranty. Even in the face of harsh Chicago winters, you can rest assured your solar panels will last for years to come.
Yes. We want you to transition from traditional to renewable energy seamlessly, so we offer financing that allows you to start the process immediately. Most customers experience a return on investment within seven to nine years. Ask our associates about agreeable financing options, tax credits, and rebates today.
Contact Kapital Electric for Home Solar Panels Today
Kapital Electric wants you to experience green, renewable energy at your home in Chicago, IL, or the surrounding area. Our energy specialists provide solar panels for homes throughout the region to help customers save money and protect the environment. Contact us today for a free consultation and estimate.