We Provide Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
Electric vehicles are becoming increasingly popular across the country because of their environmental benefits, fuel economy, and more. But the prevalence of charging stations is not yet where it needs to be. That is why it is critical to have a residential EV charging station if you drive an electric car. Kapital Electric, Inc. supplies and installs home EV charging stations for customers in Chicago, IL and the surrounding area. We have been a leader in alternative energy solutions throughout Chicagoland for more than a decade, and EV charging stations are among our specialties. Our experts can help you choose an option that fits your needs and budget, and we can also install it for you quickly and efficiently. We are a preferred partner of Qmerit. Call us today to get started.
Illinois To Rebate 80% Of Electric Vehicle Charger Install Costs
Illinois environmental protection agency will create a program that will cover up to 80% of install costs for electric vehicle chargers starting July 1st 2022 as long as prevailing wage is paid for the install. That was included in the climate bill the Governor signed last month. If that community and or person is “environmental justice community/person” they can also get additional incentives.
(20 ILCS 627/55 new) Sec. 55. Charging rebate program. (a) In order to substantially offset the installation costs of electric vehicle charging infrastructure, beginning July 1, 2022, and continuing as long as funds are available, the Agency shall issue rebates, consistent with the Commission-approved Beneficial Electrification Plans in accordance with Section 45, to public and private organizations and companies to install and maintain Level 2 or Level 3 charging stations. (b) The Agency shall award rebates or grants that fund up to 80% of the cost of the installation of charging stations. The Agency shall award additional incentives per port for every charging station installed in an eligible community and every charging station located to support eligible persons. In order to be eligible to receive a rebate or grant, the organization or company must submit an application to the Agency and commit to paying the prevailing wage for the installation project. The Agency shall by rule provide application and other programmatic details and requirements, including additional incentives for eligible communities. The Agency may determine per port or project caps based on a review of best practices and stakeholder engagement. The Agency shall accept applications on a rolling basis and shall award rebates or grants within 60 days of each application. The Agency may not award rebates or grants to an organization or company that does not pay the prevailing wage for the installation of a charging station for which it seeks a rebate or grant.
The Different Types of Residential EV Charging Stations
Before buying a residential EV charging station for your home, it is important to know the various types available and how they differ. Our team will be happy to provide all the details you will need to decide during a consultation. The types of electric car charger stations we offer our customers in Chicago, IL are:
- Level 1 Charging – Otherwise known as overnight charging, level 1 charging uses a standard 120-volt outlet. This style is the least expensive and easiest to install. It is best for light vehicle use because some electric cars may require up to 20 hours on a level 1 charger to charge their batteries completely.
- Level 2 Charging – Level 2 chargers are more expensive than the level 1 variety, but they may save you considerable time. They can charge most electric vehicles in just three hours. However, they require an experienced, licensed electrician for installation, so seek assistance from Kapital Electric, Inc.
- Level 3 Charging – This final option is also known as DC fast charging. A level 3 charger can charge your electric vehicle in as little as a half-hour. Level 3 chargers are most commonly found in commercial or industrial settings instead of homes.
Kapital Electric, Inc. offers a variety of charging solutions for your home or business. Your Kapital Electric consultant will analyze your needs and design a solution to meet these needs. We currently support the following chargers:
- Charge Point
- Clipper Creek
Benefits of Home EV Charging Stations
You deserve peace of mind knowing that your electric vehicle will get you to your destination every time you leave the house. We do not want you to have to search for a public EV charging station where you will have to sit and wait with your car until it is ready to continue. A residential EV charging station can help you avoid such a predicament. In addition to the benefits you will enjoy by driving an electric vehicle, the advantages of electric car charger home installation include:
- Convenience- You may charge your electric vehicle whenever you desire to ensure it has a full battery when you leave home.
- Cost Efficiency – By using your home’s electricity, you can avoid the expense of buying battery power from a third party.
- Time Savings – Residential EV charger stations eliminate the need for sitting and waiting at a commercial charging station.
- Safety – Enjoy the safety and comfort of your own home instead of subjecting yourself and your vehicle to natural and criminal dangers associated with charging your car in public.
How to Choose the Right EV Charging Station
There are many factors to consider before installing an EV charging station at your home. Kapital Electric, Inc. can help you throughout the process and point you toward the ideal station for your circumstances. Vehicle-related matters that you should take into consideration include:
- How many miles you drive per day
- Your electric vehicle’s mileage range
- How long you can allow for charging
- How you use your vehicle
Furthermore, you must also take the following home-related factors into account:
- Your home’s electrical infrastructure
- Where your charger will be located
- Cord length and cord management
- Whether you want a WiFi-enabled system
The EV Charging Station Installation Process
There are several steps you must take before installing a residential EV charging station at your home. First, you may need to consult with your building manager or homeowner’s association to get permission. Next, consult with the professionals at Kapital Electric, Inc. A licensed electrician must install most electrical vehicle charging stations. In addition to completing the handiwork, we can also obtain an electrical permit from the City of Chicago on your behalf. After your charger has been installed, we will arrange for the city to inspect the charging station to ensure it meets all requirements. You will then be ready to charge your electric vehicle whenever you want.
Contact Kapital Electric, Inc. Today
The flexibility and convenience of at-home EV charging is a luxury every electric car owner should enjoy. Kapital Electric, Inc. makes it possible for customers in Chicago, IL and the surrounding area. We work with manufacturers including AeroVironment, Bosch, Charge Point, Clipper Creek, EverCharge, GE, Juice Box, Leviton, Schneider, Siemens, and Tesla. Contact us today for a free estimate.
**CURRENT SPECIAL: GET A FREE EV CHARGING STATION INSTALLED WHEN ADDING A NEW SOLAR ENERGY SYSTEM TO YOUR HOME**
Learn About Our Free On-Site Estimates and Financing Options!
Some restrictions apply. See store associate for details.