Call Today to find out about our current promotions
Give Your Home The Breath of Fresh Air That it Needs
QuietCool Whole House Fans were designed to bring fresh, clean air from outside into your home, replacing the air in your existing home in just minutes. In a time where people are spending more time indoors, it is critical to remove poor indoor air quality that can plague your home.
QuietCool Whole House Fans Help Remove:
- Airborne Pathogens
- VOC Gases
- Stale Air
A Breathing Home is a Healthy Home
Poor air quality has become an epidemic across the country. Every home is plagued with airborne illness, VOC gases, stale air, harmful pathogens, viruses, and more. These airborne annoyances can stay clogged inside of a home for months, polluting, and spreading illness throughout your family. Too many people have accepted this as normal when there is a simple solution to this problem.
QuietCool Whole House Fans are just that solution. These incredibly efficient and whisper-quiet fans can help alleviate these issues at the simple press of a button. When turned on, they pull large amounts of air from opened windows, throughout the home, up into the attic, and finally out the attic vents. This process of thermal mass cooling allows your home to completely replace the air in 3-4 minutes.
In fact, using just your A/C and keeping your windows shut could drastically increase the chances of spreading illness throughout your family and home. QuietCool Whole House Fans were designed specifically to pull clean, cool air from outside into your home so you no longer have to simply recondition the same pre-existing air over and over again.
These benefits directly impact indoor air quality and improve ventilation which all experts agree is crucial in a time when indoor air quality is progressively getting worse.
3 Reasons to Install a QuietCool Advanced Whole House Fan in Your Home:
REASON 1: A/C SAVINGS
• Saves up to 50-90% on your monthly A/C bill
• Lowers the core temperature of your home
• Induces thermal mass cooling
• Exhausts heat pocket in the attic
• Reduces A/C runtime
• Extends the system’s life
• Delay the inevitable replacement or repair
WHEN TO RUN YOUR QUIETCOOL FOR OPTIMAL SAVINGS:
Run the system anytime the outside temperature is cooler than the inside temperature – typically when you get home from work in the evenings or in the early morning. You can run the fan on high for just a few minutes to exhaust the heat from the attic and then shift into the low setting to run throughout the night.
REASON 2: COOLING AND COMFORT
BREEZE ON A SWITCH:
• Instantaneous relief (moving air makes you feel 10 ºF cooler)
• Consistent airflow
• Balances upstairs and downstairs temperatures
WHEN TO RUN THE QUIETCOOL FOR COOLING AND COMFORT:
Run the system in accordance to your personal preference. Everyone is a little different but if you prefer a temperature of around 70 ºF – you will be able to turn on your fan when the outside temperature hits somewhere in the neighborhood of 80 ºF (because of the airflow will automatically make you feel 10 ºF cooler).
REASON 3: VENTILATION AND INDOOR AIR QUALITY
LONG TERM HEALTH BENEFITS:
• The EPA reports that indoor air quality may be 2-5 times more polluted than outdoor air quality
• The American Medical Association reports that indoor air quality is directly responsible for up to 1/3 of our national health bill
• Eliminates top causes of indoor air pollution such as VOC gases and toxins from the home by adding “active ventilation”
• Completes air exchange in 3-4 minutes year-round, regardless of outdoor temperature
EVERYDAY COMMON TANGIBLE AIR QUALITY BENEFITS:
• Combine with a PollenTec Screen to eliminate 99% of all dust, allergens, and pollens
• Eliminates kitchen and bathroom odors
• Eliminates pet dander
WHEN TO RUN THE QUIETCOOL FOR VENTILATION & INDOOR AIR QUALITY:
Run the system anytime the outside air quality is “good”. Outdoor air quality is easy to monitor in real-time reports by visiting www.airnow.gov or by checking your local weather station app. You can also view www.pollen.com for real-time reports and forecasts regarding pollens and allergens. As long as the outside air quality is “good” you only need run the fan for 3-4 minutes for a complete air exchange. This means you can run it regardless of the outside temperature – it doesn’t matter if it’s 22 ºF outside or 122 ºF because 3 to 4 minutes is not enough to induce any thermal mass change. There is no better solution for the IAQ problem than running a complete air exchange with a QuietCool. We recommend doing that at least twice per week for a happy and healthy home.
Appreciate Energy-Efficient A/C in Your Chicago Home
QuietCool does its part in ensuring your house is as energy-efficient as it can be by lowering your A/C usage 50 to 90 percent and effectively removing the heat that is trapped in your home and attic. In addition to the benefits provided to the environmentally and budget-conscious homeowner, QuietCool Whole House Fans:
- Prevent mold, mildew, and produce cleaner and healthier air
- Replaces the air in your apartment 15-20 times an hour for far cheaper than conventional HVAC systems
- Handles pet dander and hair more efficiently than other systems
- Speedily deodorizes your home after cooking
- Eradicates germs, smoke, and VOC gases
How Do I Know Which QuietCool Fan Fits My Chicago Home?
QuietCool offers many different models for your Chicago home. Whether you have a one-, two-, or three-story home, QuietCool does its part to save you money by not having to use your A/C when cooling your house down throughout the year. Kapital Electric will use an easy ratio to help you decide which model is best for you and your home. We measure your home’s floor plan and use either 2, 2.5, or 3 CFM (Cubic Feet per Minute) for every 1 square foot available. These CFM units will decide if you should have us install a basic, advanced, or superior advanced system in that order. To receive the full benefits of a QuietCool system in your home, the specialists at Kapital Electric recommend using no less 2 CFM and purchasing a whole house fan that reaches closer to 3 CFM. Below are two of our more popular whole house fan models from QuietCool. While both offer up to 50-90% energy efficiency, they do differ in how their motors actually function:
- Permanent Split Capacitor Motor – The Trident Pro line consists of several models ranging from 1,500 CFM all the way up to 7,000 CFM! There are also different speed options depending on the unit. These options allow homeowners to control how much airflow they want to move through their homes. The Trident Pro series has a permanent split capacitor (PSC) motor which is extremely dependable and very common in many electronic products. Also included with the unit; a switch and timer. This ensures that everything needed for the install is included in one box. Finally, the Trident Pro series boasts an industry-leading 15-year motor warranty. If you are looking for great energy efficiency, reliability, and the most affordable up-front cost, look no further than the Trident Pro series.
- Electronically Communicated AC/DC Brushless Motor – The Stealth Pro is the second line in our Pro series. The models’ CFM range and speed options are similar to the Trident Pro series, along with the controls also being included in the box. The major component that separates the Stealth Pro series from the Trident series is the electronically commutated (ECM) AC/DC brushless motor. These motors are breaking new ground in the world of whole house fans! The motor contains a microchip that allows the motor to cycle from alternating current, to direct current. This is what has homeowners so excited and allows incredible energy savings! Another great benefit of this “brushless” motor is there are fewer moving parts, which translates to fewer parts at risk of being damaged. The Stealth Pro series also comes with an industry-leading 15-year motor warranty! If reducing your energy footprint by the largest margin is your main focus, or if you are looking to save the most money, then the Stealth Pro is the answer you have been looking for!
Kapital Electric Inc. Installs Your QuietCool Correctly
Kapital Electric Inc. has a deep understanding of QuietCool. We combine our commitment to excellent customer service with our knowledge base and experience each time we serve a new customer. We know how to install your new QuietCool Whole House Fan correctly. For instance, as with any HVAC system, proper ventilation is vital. An improperly ventilated QuietCool Whole House Fan won’t yield the results you’re trying to obtain. We make sure your new system gets installed and is ready to go so you can notice the difference immediately. Our team of specialists also recommends that you have us install a timer with your system to ensure you are getting the most of our system’s efficiency. You can use the timer to set your QuietCool whole house fan to activate for 1, 2, 4, or 8 hours. There is also an option for continuous running.
We have a diverse set of experience that makes us the right fit for your home improvement projects. From Tesla energy storage devices to home EV chargers, Kapital Electric Inc. built its reputation on creating a more energy-efficient Chicago, IL, customer by customer.
Learn About Our Free On-Site Estimates and Financing Options!
Some restrictions apply. See store associate for details.